Non Woven GeoTextiles
KTTL Non Woven Geotextiles
We take pride in manufacturing fabrics that build the infrastructure of nations and make them stronger and long-lasting. The following functional properties of KTTL Geotextiles make them well-suited for a wide range of applications
KTTL Geotextile is permeable to water but prevents the mixing of aggregate and soil when laid as a separator between the sub soil and aggregates. It also enhances the strength, durability, and structural integrity of the structure.
KTTL Geotextile is designed to drain off excess water in soil, over the lateral plane of fabric resulting in higher CBR of soil
The high tensile strength of KTTL Geotextiles, combined with its property of elongation, makes it the best material to increase the load bearing capacity of weak soils. Hence most ideal to be used in road construction, slope protection etc.
Minute perforations in the KTTL Geotextiles are designed to facilitate water flow & restricting the minute soil particles. As a result, the water pressure is reduced and load-bearing capacity of the structure is enhanced.
KTTL Geotextiles, due to high puncture resistance, prevent pumping of aggregates into the soil. This results in a stable soil structure.
Non-woven KTTL Geotextiles are designed to restrict movement of different road layers and prevent reflective cracking. These attributes together with separation, filtration, protection, and reinforcement functions make KTTL Geotextiles, a preferred choice for road construction and repair.
Geotextiles Selection Criteria
Application of geotextiles are varied and yet, unique. Geofabrics need to perform different functions based on different requirements. Broadly, the selection of the right geofabric is based on the functional need of the end application. Following points are taken into consideration:
- Identifying the need and the primary function for which the geotextile is being incorporated in the design
- Ascertaining the geotextile functions that govern this application
- Establishing the property requirement based on site specific conditions
Geotextile, graded and selected through such a selection process, will not only serve the design intent but also set clear standards for the project implementation team.
Here are some of the most common primary functions for which geotextiles are required:
|Primary characteristic required||Corresponding functional|
|Filtration||Permeability, Opening Size and Porosity|
|Strength||Burst Resistance, Puncture Resistance, Dynamic Puncture Resistance, and Elongation|
|Protection||Puncture Resistance, Thickness, Dynamic Puncture Resistance, and Weight|
|Drainage / Dissipation||Transmissivity|
KTTL Geotextiles – The Sustainable Choice
Climate Change is a phenomenon that has gone from being widely debated to globally accepted within a span of one lifetime. Governments and corporates are mulling ways to reduce Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emission, so that the impact of climate change can be lessened, if not reversed. The use of KTTL Geotextiles in civil projects can provide sustainability benefits such as reduction in associated congestions, noise, air pollution and significant reduction in CO emission
KTTL Non Woven Geotextiles Applications:
Khator’s KTTL Geotextiles non-wovens, with their versatile properties, are the perfect choice for a wide range of applications in the building and infrastructure industry.
- Road Construction Projects
- Improves pavement performance
- Retains thickness of layers during repairs
- Restricts capillary function and prevents erosion of the base
- Rail Construction Projects
- Prevents the ballast and the soil from mixing
- Absorbs dynamic loads and allows movement of trains at higher speeds
- Helps to retain the structural strength, alignment, and reduce friction of the tracks
- Land-related Projects
- Prevents soil erosion
- Makes coastal embankments stronger and more stable
- Water-related Projects
- Cost-effective and efficient products for subsurface drainage
- Preserves the integrity and filtration functions of the aggregate drainage
- Flood Management Projects
- Geobags (Nonwoven bags filled with sand) channelise flood water
- Prevents soil erosion
- Cost-effective and more sustainable
- Waste Management Systems
- Acts as a filter to aggregate drainage layers
- Helps in gas ventilation
- Helps protect Geomembranes from puncture
KTTL Non Woven Geotextiles Technical Specifications:
KTTL Geotextiles are non-woven geotextiles that are bonded by a needle punching process to provide superior support and stability for a wide range of terrains and project requirements.
|Properties||Unit||ASTM D Test Method|
|Grab Strength (MD/CD)||N||ASTMD 4632|
|Elongation at break (MD/CD)||%||ASTMD 4632|
|Tensile Strength (MD/CD)||kN/mtr||ASTMD 4595|
|Elongation at break (MD/CD)||%||ASTMD 4595|
|Trap. Tear. Strength (MD/CD)||N||ASTMD 4533|
|Puncture Strength||N||ASTMD 4833|
|Static Puncture Strength (CBR)||N||ASTMD 6241|
|Mullen Burst Strength||kPa||ASTMD 3786|
|Permeability Co-efficient||cm/sec||ASTMD 4491|
|2 Flow rate||l/m /s||ASTMD 4491|
|Opening Size O95||microns||ASTMD 4751|
|Thickness (2 kN/m)||mm||ASTMD 5199|
|Mass P 2 er Unit Area||g/m||ASTMD 5261|
|Roll Dimensions (width x length)||MT||Nominal|
- KTTL Geotextiles are synthetic fibers, have excellent resistance to chemicals and salts normally present in the soil and are unaffected by prolonged contact with common organic solvents.
- KTTL Geotextiles have excellent UV resistance and exhibit an excellent strength retention on test for weathering resistance to EN12224.